Preparing for IGCSE can be super tough. However, it is not impossible to do so. With few of the expert hands in mind, you can surely crack the examination easily. Below are the top 5 simple techniques that you can apply to prepare for IGCSE. Take a look below.
- Recognize your learning style – Everybody learns differently. Some learn by reading, some by watching educational videos and others by doing. It is very important to know your learning style before you proceed to prepare for IGCSE. Once you know your style understanding and recalling lessons become simpler.
- Draft a study planner – Having a well-drafted study plan can help you study in a more structured way. You can prioritize the IGCSE subject you think is important to is going to take time. It is a great tool to organize your time; it helps boost your motivation for the final examination.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses – As it is one of the toughest entrance examinations in the league, you should be well prepared to face the test. You have less time to attempt a lot of hard questions, hence practice is essential. In order to solve every question in the given time frame you should first know what subjects are your strengths and which are tough. To know your strengths and weaknesses, you should solve a lot of previous year question papers of IGCSE or take up online mock tests of IGCSE. This will improve your problem-solving speed and accuracy.
- Start early – You should start your preparation well before the exam, so you will have enough time to finish the syllabus and take multiple mock tests. If you start preparing at the last minute, chances are that you will miss out on few topics or practice all together. Hence, start early and be regular with your preparation.
- Relax and study – Don’t stress yourself. Take frequent small study breaks. This will charge your mind and keep it fresh throughout the preparation period. Try doing simple exercises to relax your mind and muscles. Sleep for at least 8 hours in night. By adding these simple tips in your routine you can certainly gain confidence and positivity to crack IGCSE.
- Stay calm and take deep breath
- Read the entire question paper carefully before you start solving it
- Plan your time
- Switch to next question if you are stuck with the first one
- Have a glass of water in between
- Stay focused and do not panic if you don’t answer of one question
- Check each answer before you submit the answer paper
Before start the preparation, make sure you know everything about the exam – syllabus, score matrix, exam pattern and other basic yet important details. Your basics should be strong. If you have any questions/doubt, get it clarified from your teachers or mentors. Experts strongly recommend solving past papers to familiarize you with the exam format, question style, time pressure and ability to solve the questions quickly.