Can I appear for NEET even if I am older than 25 years? A very simple answer is YES.
NTA has modified the eligibility criteria for NEET. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an entrance test conducted for admission to various medical and allied courses, including MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH. Thus, the eligibility criteria of NEET 2021 set up a basic minimum qualification for a candidate to apply for the said courses.
Upper age limit removed:
NTA has removed the upper age limit clause from NEET 2021 eligibility criteria thus enabling aspirants older than 25 years to apply for NEET. If you are a NEET aspirant check NEET 2021 application process here.
Number of attempts:
The cap on the number of attempts has also been removed from the eligibility criteria of NEET 2021.
All those who wish to apply for this national entrance test were advised to check their eligibility before filling the NEET application form 2021. Candidates who do not take the NEET eligibility criteria seriously, if found ineligible, may have to face severe consequences such as cancellation of their admission.
Basic neet eligibility criteria for 2021:
- The candidate must have attained the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will attain the same by December 31, 2021.
- There is no upper age limit to appear for NEET 2021. The clause had been challenged in the High Court of Delhi and the verdict is pending
- Candidates older than 25 years of age can appear for NEET 2021 provisionally
- Indian nationals/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) who wish to pursue MBBS/ BDS from a foreign university also have to qualify NEET 2021.
- The maximum number of attempts for the NEET has not been directed by the NTA. Thus, allowing a candidate to appear for NEET as many times as they want to.
Age is no bar to pursue any ambition, and these age relaxations are a breath of fresh air to candidates who are not ready to give up but with sheer grit try harder and much better every time to achieve their dreams. Nothing is impossible if one only remembers to pursue their ambition! Apply and crack the exam with solid preparation and confidence.
Also published on Medium.