The class 10 board exams are one of the most popular board exams in the nation. Every year, lakhs of students across the country participate in the examination which is termed as a gateway to their chosen career. Since, it is the first time that the candidates would be competing on a state or national level, it is natural for them to stress over. For the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) class 10, the board has decided to conduct the examination from February 21 to March 29. There is only a month left for the theories to begin and the students are dealing with their last-minute stress. The most important thing that is needed at this stage is the regular practise and assessment in mathematics and science.
The remaining subjects require more in-depth knowledge. Science exam for class 10 CBSE focuses on testing basic concepts in all the three areas—Chemistry, Physics and Biology. While for some students, class 10 board exam 2019 is the end of studying these areas and for others, it is just the beginning. No matter what, you need to keep your preparation intact because it is a scoring subject that will boost your CBSE board exam 2019 result.
CBSE class 10 Science Paper Pattern
- According to the CCE guidelines, the syllabus of Science for class 10 has been divided term wise.
- The units specified for terms is assessed through both Formative and Summative assessments.
- Each of the two formative assessments carries 10 per cent weightage in each term.
- The summative assessment in the first term will carry 20 per cent weightage and the second term carries 40 per cent weightage.
- Practical exams are conducted through formative assessment once in every term with 20 per cent weightage of total term marks.
- Again, 20 per cent weightage is given to the assessment of practical skills through MCQ in every term end summative evaluation.