CBSE Class 12 Syllabus Latest Update 2023: The CBSE Board has released the revised syllabus for the CBSE Class 12 Exam 2023. With the revised syllabus, the rationalization policy has essentially ended with only a 15% reduction in Physics and a 100% return to the Business Studies syllabus.
The CBSE Class 12 Syllabus for the upcoming board exams in 2023 has been revised yet again. It was initially anticipated that the CBSE Board Examinations for 2023 would have the same reduced syllabus. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the syllabus was reduced by almost 30%. However, after analysing the newly released curriculum, one can conclude that the CBSE 12th Syllabus has been revised but not substantially cut.
The syllabus for some subjects like 12th Physics has been reduced by only about 15%, while for others like Business Studies; the curriculum has been rationalized to 100%. The pattern of adding and subtracting curriculum portions is not uniform. Here’s how the CBSE Board Exams 2023 syllabus has been revised.
CBSE Class 12 Revised Syllabus 2023: Overview
CBSE decided to reduce the overall syllabus by 30% for CBSE Board Exam 2022 after the pandemic hit India in 2022, as a measure to assist students who were impacted by school closures. For the upcoming exam, a revised syllabus has been released, but not many changes have been made.
- English Core Subject: This year the CBSE 12th English syllabus has been reduced by merely 5% compared with the previous year’s 30% reduction. Most changes involve bringing key chapters and poetry sections back to the English Core Subject Syllabus, which will be the primary focus of the paper in the coming year.
- Mathematics: The syllabus for CBSE Class 12 Mathematics has remained largely unchanged from last year. This year’s curriculum has a few chapters that weren’t in last year’s but have been added back this year.
- Physics: Interestingly, there are fewer cuts in the CBSE Class 12 Physics syllabus. There has been only a 15% reduction in the Physics curriculum compared to the previous 30% cut. Several topics in Electrostatics, Magnetism & Matter have also been added again.
- Chemistry: When it comes to the CBSE 12th Exam, Chemistry is one of the most important and scoring subjects for Class 12 students. The Chemistry syllabus has been cut further, with many units getting omitted entirely. Although portions on Solution and Electrochemistry have been added, certain units such as Solid State have been omitted.
- Biology: There aren’t many changes to the Class 12 Biology syllabus, unlike Physics and Chemistry. Approximately 20% of the curriculum has been revised and some sections on Evolution and Ecosystem have been added.
- Accountancy: The Accountancy syllabus for Class 12 has seen more cuts than additions. It has been noted that an entire unit on Accounting for Non-Profit Organization has been omitted from the curriculum.
- Business Studies: Business Studies is another subject which has seen significant changes in terms of syllabus compared to last year. CBSE 12th Business Studies Syllabus has been restored completely with 100% of the topics and chapters present in the syllabus.
Based on the CBSE 12th Syllabus 2023, the majority of subjects have gained more chapters and topics, while only Chemistry has seen further reductions. For the revised CBSE Board Syllabus 2023, students are advised to visit the official website: cbseacademic.nic.in.
Also published on Medium.