2021 saw a lot of developments in the educational area, modifications in the CBSE’s standard and existing exam pattern are some of the most significant changes.
Board examinations will now be held twice a year under the new structure. Exams for the first term will be held in November and will consist of multiple-choice questions. The second-term question strategy, on the other hand, will be determined by the corona scenario.
According to the new pattern, the practical component will account for half of the overall points for the subject. The marks achieved in the practical exams will have to be uploaded individually by the schools, for which CBSE already designed a portal last year.
Term 1 exam and all the info about the date sheet
As we all know, the first term board examinations are coming up in less than a month. The date sheet has is now available on cbse.gov.in.
In Class 12, the CBSE offers 114 subjects, and for Class 10, 75 topics are available. Exams for all courses would take around 40-45 days at the very least. As a result, to prevent students from losing their learning, CBSE has decided to divide its subjects into two categories, major subjects and minor subjects.
Term 1 examinations, consisting of a 90-minute paper, will begin in November. Skill-based subject examinations will take place first from November 15, followed by main subject tests, according to the board. Examinations for skill subjects will commence on November 15 for Classes 10 and 12, while examinations for main courses or interests will begin on November 24. So, you must be aware of what skill subjects and main subjects are, right? If not, have a look below:
- Skill subjects: There are around 19 topics accessible for this division in grades IX-X. Such ideas are crucial for developing future skillsets in sectors like artificial intelligence, information technology, and the automobile industry, to name a few. Also, 39 topics are available in Class 12, such as Web Application, Financial Markets Management, Agriculture, Banking, Marketing, etc.
The goal of skill education is to provide students with procedural knowledge and skills that will enable them to thrive and succeed in real-life situations. It aims to provide a comprehensive, purposeful, and skill-oriented education that instils a sense of usefulness and responsibility in the children. Along with the current five academic courses, vocational subjects perform as a sixth subject at the secondary level.
- Main subjects: The board has notified that no main examinations for Class 10 and 12 would take place on the same day. It comprises Class 10’s five main topics and Class 12’s nineteen (19) courses. The following is a list of them. English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, Social Science for Class 10 and English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Psychology, Sociology, Physical Education for Class 12.
- The CBSE has requested that all schools submit recommended test lists to manage all the aspects of the offline exams. Additionally, CBSE has sent city coordinators with test centres, printing facilities, and other data so that all private schools may begin preparing for the Term 1 examinations in November 2021-22.
- Regarding the Term 1 test, the board has said that each exam would last 90 minutes. Because of the winter session, the exam will begin at 11.30 a.m. instead of 10.30 a.m., according to the board. For all categories of applicants, the reading period will be 20 minutes instead of 15 minutes.
- The results in the form of marks earned will be declared just after following the completion of term one examinations. After Term 1, no student will come under the pass, compartment, or essential repeat categories. After the second term examinations, the final results for Classes 10 and 12 will come out. In the first term’s results, the grades for every student will come out, and after combining it with second term exams, the result will be accessible.
That was everything there was to know about the CBSE’s Term 1 test. Because of the objective type questions, Term 1 can seem easier, but students still have to care about a lot of topics, such as:
- Mistakes: Avoid making any mistakes on your OMR forms since students will not be issued additional OMRs. Apart from a separate circle in the OMR form for any correction, no other error is allowed.
- Since these changes are being in practice for the first time, students need to prepare well before the examinations. In addition, practice mock tests and solve sample papers as much as you can.
Release of CBSE Class 10 and 12 date-sheets
The Central Board of secondary education has released the official date sheets for Class 10 and Class 12 Term-1 exams, respectively. You can have a look at both of the date sheets below:
CBSE CLASS 10 Date sheet for Term-1
|Day and Date||Timing||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|Tuesday, 30th November 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||087||Social Science|
|Thursday, 2nd December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||086||Science|
|Friday, 3rd December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||064||Home Science|
|Saturday, 4th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||041
|Wednesday, 8th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||165||Computer Application|
|Thursday, 9th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||002
|Saturday, 11th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||184||ENGLISH (LANG & LIT.)|
General Information about Class 10 date sheet and exams
- All of the information is factual, and you can get further details at cbse.nic.in
- Class 12 minor subject examinations will be held concurrently with the Class 10 major subject exams (date sheet for which is above)
- Each Major Exam will be 90 minutes long.
- Instead of 15 minutes, the reading time will be 20 minutes.
- The admit card contains detailed information, and all additional information will be sent directly from the CBSE to students and parents.
CBSE CLASS 12 Date sheet for Term-1
|Day and Date||Timing||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|Wednesday, 1st December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||039||SOCIOLOGY|
|Friday, 3rd December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||301||ENGLISH CORE|
|Monday, 6th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||041||MATHEMATICS|
|Tuesday, 7th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||048
|Wednesday, 8th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||054||BUSINESS STUDIES|
|Thursday, 9th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||029
|Friday, 10 December 2021||042||PHYSICS|
|Saturday, 11th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||037||PSYCHOLOGY|
|Monday, 13th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||055||ACCOUNTANCY|
|Tuesday, 14th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||043||CHEMISTRY|
|Wednesday, 15th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||030||ECONOMICS|
|Thursday, 16th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||002||HINDI ELECTIVE|
|Friday, 17th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||028||POLITICAL SCIENCE|
|Saturday, 18th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||044||BIOLOGY|
|Monday, 20th December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||027||HISTORY|
|Tuesday, 21st December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||065||INFORMATICS PRAC.|
|Wednesday, 22nd December 2021||11:30 AM-1:00 PM||064||HOME SCIENCE|
General Information about Class 12 date sheet and exams
- Minor subject date sheets will be issued individually, and examinations will commence on November 16th.
- Exams for Class 10 minor subjects will be held concurrently with exams for Class 12 major subjects (date sheet of which is above)
- Because of the winter season, exams will begin at 11:30 a.m. rather than 10:30 a.m.
For all those students who have already started preparing for their Term 1 board exams, well done, and keep practicing as much as you can. All the very best! Those who have yet to begin their preparation, start your board journey, as the date sheet has also been released.
Also published on Medium.