CBSE has shared an immunity-boosting plan made by the Ministry of Ayush to fight Covid-19
CBSE advisory to students to Covid-19: Coronavirus has been panicking people across the globe. With the rising number of Covid-19 cases, people are prone to get depressed while quarantining inside their houses. Well, you can beat two birds with the stone making it productive for a lifetime. Therefore, CBSE has released a set of guidelines for students, teachers, and public in general during coronavirus outbreak. CBSE in collaboration with the Ministry of Ayush has released a detailed plan to boost your immunity system using Ayurvedic remedies.
Ministry of Ayush recommends certain self-care guidelines for preventive health measures and boosting immunity with special reference to respiratory health. These are supported by Ayurvedic literature and scientific publications.
Ayurveda’s immunity-boosting measures for self-care during Covid 19 crisis
General measure to enhance the body’s natural defense system
1. Drink warm water throughout the day.
2. Daily practice of Yogasana, Pranayama and meditation for at least 30 minutes.
3. Use Haldi (Turmeric), Jeera (Cumin), Dhaniya (Coriander) and Lahsun (Garlic) in cooking.
Measures to promote immunity
1. Take Chyavanprash 10 gm (1tsf) in the morning.
2. Drink herbal tea/decoction (kadha) made from Tulsi (Basil), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Kalimirch (Black pepper), Shunthi (Dry Ginger) and Munakka (Raisin) – once or twice a day. (Add jaggery, natural sugar, and/or fresh lemon juice to your taste if needed)
3. Golden Milk – Half teaspoon Haldi (turmeric) powder in 150 ml hot milk, once or twice a day
Simple ayurvedic procedures to fight Covid-19
1. Nasal application – Apply sesame oil/coconut oil or Ghee in both the nostrils (Pratimarsh Nasya) in the morning and evening.
2. Oil pulling therapy – Take 1 tablespoon sesame or coconut oil in mouth. Do not drink, swish in the mouth for 2 to 3 minutes and spit it off followed by warm water rinse. This can be done once or twice a day.
During sore throat/dry cough
1. Steam inhalation with fresh Pudina (Mint) leaves or Ajwain (Caraway seeds) can be practiced once a day.
2. Lavang (Clove) powder mixed with natural sugar/honey can be taken 2-3 times a day (It is best to consult a doctor if symptoms of dry cough and sore throat persist)
Also published on Medium.