IIT Roorkee has released the information bulletin for JEE Advanced 2019 on jeeadv.ac.in. The official notification is now available to read. This year about 2.45 lakh candidates will be shortlisted after JEE Main 2019 result for Advanced exam.
While the number is not an absolute one, it may vary in case of ‘tied’ ranks/ scores in the category. This would in turn be divided for various categories. This year, a 10% EWS category would also be introduced.
The category wise JEE Main 2019 Rank (Top Candidates) break up is tabulated below.
|Category||Number of Top Candidates|
|General (EWS – PwD)||490|
|OBC – Non Creamy Layer||62,843|
|OBC – Non Creamy Layer – PwD||3.307|
|Scheduled Caste – PwD||1,837|
|Scheduled Tribes – PwD||919|
After qualifying for JEE Main 2019 candidates must also qualify into other eligibility criteria laid below.
- There is an upper age limit of 25 years for JEE Advanced 2019 calculated as on October 1, 2019. 5 year relaxation is given to candidate from SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- Candidates can appear for JEE Advanced for a maximum of two consecutive years in a row.If a candidate has appear for JEE Advanced 2017 and JEE Advanced 2018, he/she is not eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2019.
- Candidates must have completed or appeared for their Class 12 either n 2018 or 2019.
- The condition further adds that “if the examination Board of Class XII (or equivalent) declares the results for the academic year 2016-17 after June 2017, then the candidates of that board who appeared for their class XII exam in 2017 are also eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2019, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria.
- Candidates who have been admitted to the IITs previously are not eligible.This includes those candidates who may or may not have continued in the program.
- All the candidate who paid seat acceptance fee in 2018 but did not report or withdrew their set allotment, are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2019.
- The online application forms would commence from May 3, 2019 and would close on May 9, 2019.
- JEE Advanced exam will be conducted across India on Monday, May 27, 2019. Students are advised to download the admit card and carry it on the exam day without forgetting it.