National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the first session of JEE Main 2021 from February 23 to 26. JEE Main 2021 will be held in two shifts, the forenoon session from 9 am to 12 pm, and the afternoon session from 3 pm to 6 pm. The three-hour exam will be held online for both Paper 1 and 2.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, National Testing Agency (NTA) has issued exam day guidelines which are to be followed by all the candidates appearing in JEE Main 2021.
- As a precaution for COVID-19, the candidate must reach the centre as indicated against Reporting/Entry time at centre.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available at entry and inside the exam venue at various places for candidates and centre staff to use.
- Lab number will not be displayed outside the centre to avoid any crowding at any one place in any situation.
- The JEE Main 2021 Admit Card – you must ensure that all the information that is mentioned on the admit card is correct. For example, check your name, paper, date of birth, gender, name of the test centre, city and state code of eligibility and category. In case, there is an issue in the information provided in the admit card, you must contact JEE Main 2021 conducting body, i.e., NTA.
- Valid ID Card – You will be required to bring a valid ID card with your name and photograph, which is issued by the government of India such as Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Pan Card, Voter ID card, Passport, Ration Card.
- Candidates belonging to the PwD category must provide a valid PwD certificate, issued by a competent authority.
- No baggage: All JEE Main candidates are restricted from taking any kind of bags or baggage in the exam hall. The exam halls will also hold no responsibility for items or materials lost or stolen on the exam centre premises.
- No drinking, smoking or eating: Candidates are also prohibited from drinking, smoking or eating in the examination hall. Snacks and drinks like tea and coffee are also prohibited in the exam halls. (Diabetic patients will be allowed to bring in sugar tablets or fruits as well as a water bottle. However, they will not be allowed to bring packaged food like candy, chocolate or sandwiches in the exam hall.)
- No Accessories: Candidates will also not be allowed to wear any kind of jewellery or accessories, like watches, in the examination hall. They must also try to wear simple clothes, with limited pockets, to restrict suspicion of use of unfair means.
- No electronic gadgets: Electronic gadgets like mobile phone, calculators, earphones, headphones, pagers, docupen, slide rules, log tables, tape recorder or camera, etc are prohibited inside an examination hall.
- No stationery: Candidates who will be attempting the Paper-1 of JEE Mains 2021 will not be allowed to bring in any kind of stationery, like pens, pencils, erasers, rulers, paper or any textual reference papers in the examination hall. Candidates will be provided with the needed stationery in from the exam centres themselves during the examination.
- All the candidates should reach the JEE Main 2021 exam centre at least an hour before the commencement of the examination to complete the registration formalities on time. While carrying the JEE Main admit card to the exam centre is a must, the candidate must also carry other documents such as-identity proof and self-declaration form, failing to which, the candidate will not be permitted to appear in JEE Main 2021 exam in any case.
- At the time of entry to JEE Main examination hall, the filled-in undertaking (self-declaration form) on admit card will be checked by the staff members. The body temperature using thermos guns will be checked at the centre.
- After scanning the bar code at the admit card, the students will be directed to their respective rooms. Students must be seated as per the arrangement immediately after entering the examination hall in order to avoid crowding.
- Candidates must carry a 50 ml sanitiser bottle with them. In order to contain the infection, the candidate is expected to wear a mask at all times. For safety, hand sanitisers will be available at various locations in the centre. Social distancing norms must be strictly followed by the candidates.
- Students appearing for Aptitude Test Paper-II need to bring their own geometry box set, pencils and erasers. Pen/Pencil and blank paper of rough work will be provided in the JEE Main examination hall. Candidates need to enter the required details in the attendance sheet, put signature and paste the photograph at the designated place.
Thanks and Regards
Also published on Medium.