Conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, the Class 10 CBSE exam is the basis of future achievements in a student’s life. This exam is conducted at an All-India level and considered as the most important exam in India. So, when the exam is so crucial for ones career ahead, your preparation should also be strong. Regular practice and assessment, especially for Mathematics and Science is the key to clear this exam successfully.
Don’t pressurize yourself; stay relaxed and calm while preparing for CBSE Class 10 exam. Be positive and remember one thing that there are no shortcuts to success. Make a proper plan and follow it religiously to get the best possible result.
In this post we will give you subject-wise tips and tricks for your CBSE Class 10 Preparation. Take a look and prepare well.
Subject-wise CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips
- In order to well prepare yourself for English language, it is recommended you read newspaper, topics from philosophy and even science fiction.
- To improve your writing skills, practice formal letters, applications and report speeches.
- Refer a good grammar book to clear your basics on grammar. You must take online grammar test to improve your vocabulary.
- Memorize and poetry and their meaning along with important chapters and questions below it.
- Try to solve past year question papers daily. This will give you an idea on the type of questions asked and the weightage every type of question weightage.
- Learn the format of essay and letter writing. Because sometimes you know what content you want to write in the letter, but because of incomplete format you may lose the marks.
- Practice grammar questions as much as you can as per the syllabus.
- Most importantly, solve previous year Class 10 Maths question papers to get an idea of the marks allocation and type of question.
- Cover the complete syllabus of NCERT books thoroughly first. Typically, examiners either extract questions from NCERT or CBSE textbooks.
- Keep a note for important formula, theories and concepts. It should be consolidated at one place and should give you a glance for final preparation.
- Graphs are actually easy and scoring if you prepare for them carefully and attend it with concentration.
- Understand the syllabus well – it will help you decide how much time you should dedicate to a section.
For Social Science
- Remembering dates become tough in history and that is where you lose marks. Create a chart with important dates, and go through it quite often to easily remember the important dates during exam.
- Along with dates make a note of names also – names of freedom fighters, rulers, dynasties etc.
- For long answers, try to study it in pointers instead of paragraphs. It will be easy.
- Try to relate the concepts to real-life events.
- Also, make sure you attend all objective and short questions first. Keep lengthy questions should be attempted in the end.
- Practice and revise numerical questions in Physics.
- In Physics, solve questions based on theorems and direct formulas more.
- Go through the derivations, SCC, FCC, BCC etc. These are crucial from board exam perspective.
- Practice as many organic reactions as you can.
- It is great to make flashcards with definitions of the new terms that you learn every day.
- In Biology, pay special attention to diagrams and theories.
- Get used to key definitions as the subjects are majorly theory.
- Make sure the important terms and their respective functions are remembered.