The news of the JEE 2021 postponed comes from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur on Wednesday, postponing the JEE (Advanced) 2021 which was scheduled to be held on July 3 in view of the prevailing pandemic situation.
“Considering the prevailing pandemic situation due to COVID-19, JEE (Advanced) 2021 which was scheduled to be held on July 03, 2021 (Saturday) stands postponed. The revised date of examination will be announced at an appropriate time,” IIT Kharagpur said in a statement issued on its official website.
Points to be kept in mind about the JEE Exam
- Candidates are advised to visit the official website of JEE advanced — jeeadv.ac.in — regularly to get the latest information on the exam.
- JEE Advanced comprises two papers- Paper I and Paper II. While Paper I was scheduled to be held in the morning shift–9 am to 12 noon, Paper-II was scheduled in the afternoon shift– 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm. Now the new dates will be released later on.
- Candidates who had successfully registered to appear in JEE Advanced in 2020 but were absent for the examination due to COVID-19, will be allowed to directly reappear in 2021. They have been exempted to re-qualify by writing JEE Main 2021 .
- All the candidates getting a second chance to write JEE Advanced will be considered in addition to and not as part of the total number of those who will clear JEE Main 2021 in order not to affect this year’s candidates.
- The examination will relax or keep aside the 75% board marks criteria, but it does not mean that even a student scoring 35% marks and doing well in the JEE Advanced exam will be considered for admission at the 23 IITs and several other top central technical and science institutions such as Indian Institutes of Science and Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research.
- From this year, the JEE-Mains is being conducted four times a year to offer flexibility to students and a chance to improve their scores.
- While the first phase was conducted in February followed by the second phase in March, the next phases were scheduled to be held in April and May.
- The April and May editions were postponed too after an exponential rise in COVID cases during the pandemic’s second wave.
What about the new date?
- According to the Education Ministry, students will be informed 15 days in advance before the test is conducted. The results of the JEE Main Exam Session 2 which were held in March have been already declared. These exams were conducted in 12 foreign cities and 334 Indian cities. Due to the second wave of COVID-19, the Union Education Ministry had decided to postpone all offline examinations scheduled in the month of May. This decision will be applicable to all Central higher educational institutions across the country.
- It is to be noted that The JEE Advanced 2021 was scheduled to be held on June 3 but it has been postponed following the news of JEE 2021 postponed, because the JEE Main exams have not been held. Few weeks ago, Union Education Ministry had announced that four sessions of JEE Main will be conducted in 2021 but only two have been conducted so far.
JEE 2021 postponed JEE 2021 postponed JEE 2021 postponed JEE 2021 postponed JEE 2021 postponed
Also published on Medium.