NEET 2019 is a national-level entrance exam, and lakhs of students from every corner participate to fulfil their dreams of studying medical in the reputed colleges. The competitions are high, and you can only beat others with smart preparations. So, follow the above tips and perform exceptionally well in the upcoming NTA conducted NEET.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) are done with the application procedure for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2019. Students who have applied for the exam are now waiting for the admit cards for the 5th May 2019 exam. NTA is slated to publish the hall tickets for the exam in April on the official websites; nta.ac.in, ntaneet.nic.in. If we go by media reports, over 15 lakhs students have registered for NEET 2019, raising the increasing competition to secure seats at coveted medical colleges. Followed by the honourable Supreme Court’s order, there has been a revision in the eligibility criteria for the medical entrance exam.
Candidates who have passed the class 12 board exams or have appeared can apply for the NEET UG exam. From 2019, NTA is responsible for conducting the entrance exam, declare the NEET result and provide All India Rank to the Directorate General Health Service, Government of India. Here are the revised eligibility criteria for the medical entrance exam, NEET.
- Students who will appear in the upcoming class 12 board exams or are waiting for the results are eligible to fill up NEET 2019 application form.
- Those who have quailed the intermediate or pre-degree exam in Science offered by the Indian University or Board or any other recognized body with Physics, Biology/Biotechnology and English as a compulsory subject can sit in the exam.
- The Supreme Court of India has relaxed the age limit for students above 25 years. According to the new verdict, those students can take NEET 2019.
- Candidates who have completed their schooling through open and distance mode are allowed to appear for NEET.
- Candidates who have not studied Biology as a regular subject in 10+2 level can also sit in the medical entrance exam.
- Students pursuing in the first year in three years degree course from any recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Biotechnology/ Biology and core level English can appear in the exam.
- Those who have qualified the class 12 exam from the National Institute for Open Schooling and State level Open Schools or any other examination to the 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects can appear in the test in May 2019.
- Candidates who have cleared the pre-professional or pre-medical exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English after completing the Higher Secondary Examination or equivalent including the practical tests and compulsory English are allowed to participate in the NEET 2019.
- Candidates who have studied overseas, should qualify the subjects—Biology/ Biotechnology, Physics, Chemistry and English” with 50% marks to appear in NEET 2019 Medical Entrance Exam.
Students who do not fall under the above mentioned eligibility criteria, will not be allowed to participate in the national-level NEET entrance exam in 2019. The minimum age criteria for the students to apply is 17 years, and the maximum age limit is 25 years for the general candidates, while for the reserved category candidates, there is an extension of 5 years in the age relaxation facility.