The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2023) is administered by the National Testing Agency in India for medical, dental, AYUSH, and nursing courses. NEET 2023 Exam date will be announced soon. NEET UG registration link Updates will be posted at neet.nta.nic.in.
NEET Exam Date 2023: In India, the National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET 2023) is a national-level medical entrance test for undergraduate admissions to MBBS, dentistry, AYUSH, and nursing programs. This exam provides access to top medical institutions in the country, such as AIIMS and JIPMER. NEET 2023 will follow the same syllabus as last year, covering Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Based on data from both the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the Dental Council of India (DCI), 91,927 MBBS seats, 26,949 BDS seats, 52,720 AYUSH seats, 603 BVSc & AH seats are available for NEET, along with 1,899 AIIMS and 249 JIPMER seats in 612 medical and 315 dental colleges. The NEET 2023 exam is pen and paper-based in 13 languages and covers Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from class 11 and 12.
Over 18 lakh medical students will take part in NTA NEET 2023 in 497 cities in India and 14 cities abroad. Find out more about NEET 2023 notification, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, and other vital information in the article below.
NEET 2023: Exam Date and Eligibility Criteria
By understanding the NEET 2023 schedule, candidates will stay on top of important events such as the NEET Exam Date and NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023.
Due to the lack of an official announcement, the NEET experts have predicted the NEET 2023 schedule based on previous trends:
|Release of NEET 2023 notification||December 2022|
|NEET 2023 Application Form Process||First week of April 2023|
|Opening of the Correction Window||April 2023|
|Release Date of Admit Card||Third week of April 2023|
|NEET 2023 Exam Date||May 2023|
|NEET 2023 Result Announcement||Last week of June 2023|
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for NEET UG 2023, applicants must follow the eligibility criteria.
The following are the Eligibility criteria for NEET 2023:
- Minimum age requirement: To qualify for NEET 2023, candidates must have completed 17 years of age by 31 December 2023.
- Nationality: The candidates must be Indian citizens, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), or Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs).
- Educational qualifications: Students who have either passed or who are appearing in 10+2 or equivalent are eligible to apply for NEET-UG 2023.
- Subjects studied: Aspirants interested in applying for NEET 2023 must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English at a recognized board.
- Qualification exam marks: Candidates must score at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the qualifying examination. For candidates from SC, ST, and OBC-NCL categories, the minimum mark requirement is 40%.
NEET 2023 Application Form
In April 2023, the NTA will release the Application Form for NEET 2023 on its official website- neet.nta.nic.in.
Applicants are advised to keep a copy of the list of documents and details handy before completing the NEET application form 2023.
To fill out the NEET application form 2023, candidates should follow a 5-step process:
- Visit the official website of NTA NEET 2023 and click on the ‘New Registration’ tab.
- Fill in basic details like name, contact number, DOB, email, etc. and click submit.
- Start filling in the NEET 2023 application form by providing personal details, choosing the exam centre and medium and academic details.
- Now, upload the documents like passport-size photograph, academic certificates, category certificates, signature, thumb impressions, etc. in JPG and PDF formats.
- Payment of application fee
Also Read –
- Class 11 Biology Important Chapters for NEET
- Class 11 Chemistry Important Chapters for NEET
- NEET-PG or NExT EXAM from 2023?
Also published on Medium.