NSTSE stands for National Level Science Talent Search Examination. A student of any class who achieves 100% marks is awarded a prize of Rs. 2,00,000. If no student achieves this, then the student who achieves the highest percentage of marks among all the classes is awarded Rs.1,00,000.
It is conducted by the Unified Council, a professionally managed progressive organization, with an objective to identify and nurture the best brains or the young science virtuosos of the country.
- NSTSE exam is based on the CBSE syllabus.
- Students belonging to other boards can also give the NSTSE exam.
- Students of classes 2 to 10, Class 11 (PCM), Class 11 (PCB), Class 12 (PCM), Class 12 (PCB) are eligible to participate in this examination.
- For class 2nd, the exam will be 50 marks containing 50 questions.
- For class 3rd, the exam will be 75 marks containing 75 questions.
- For classes 4th- 12th, the exam will be 100 marks containing 100 questions.
NSTSE Selection Process
The NSTSE exam is conducted at two levels.
- Level 1 is conducted at the schools and at some selected test centers.
- The top 500 participants from Class 2 to 12 across the nation along with the top 20 from each class are selected for Level 2.
- Level 2 is conducted at the nearest State Headquarters.
- On the basis of this test, the final NSTSE results are declared.
- Level 2 is not held for the students of the 1st standard.
Also published on Medium.