If you are in Class 12, apart from preparing for the board exam you also have a stress to select the right career option after qualifying Class 12 exam. Family members, teachers, friends and relatives constantly ask this common question – What have you planned after Class 12.
Science, Commerce or Arts, irrespective of your stream, the career decision you make is a critical one. It can be overwhelming for you to make a choice, but you will have to take this decision. In order to make your decision easy and quick, we bring you the list of top career options that you may choose from.
Career Options After Class 12
In India, after Class 12 students are often exposed to just two career options – Engineering and Medical. But slowly this perception is changing with several innovation and creative career selection. Here are few of the top options available for Class 12 students. Check out the choices below.
- Options after Commerce – For students who clear Class 12, Chartered Accountancy is one of the most popular choices available after Class 12. Other than C.A. there are several other good courses for Commerce students like Bachelors in Business Management (BBA), B.Com, B.Com (H), Economics (H), CS, Law, Bachelors in Travel and Tourism etc. These courses can help you build a great career as an investment banker, brand manager, human resource manager and other such reputable positions.
- Options after Arts – Students with Arts degree have multiple great options. Mass Communication, journalism, advertising, interior designing, graphics designing, psychology, sociology, history, fashion designing, photography, Theater etc.; there are a plethora of courses for an Arts student to choose from.
- Options after Science – Engineering and medical sciences are the two most popular options available for Science students.
- Engineering – If you are planning for Engineering, you can opt to appear for JEE to qualify for IIT. Mechanical, electrical, computer science, civil and biotechnology is some of the most preferred engineering streams. Some relatively new fields like that of nanotechnology, textile, petrochemical, marine engineering etc. are also gaining popularity and offer some exciting career choices upon graduation.
- Science – Students who opt for PCB or Physics, Chemistry and Biology in Class 12 can opt for courses associated with medical sciences including MBBS. Apart from the main stream career options, medical research in various fields such as that genetics, microbiology, etc. also offer great career opportunities to medical students.
Important Career Tips
Deciding the career option is not an easy task. But a wrong career decision can ruin your future. Therefore, choose a career that interests you. Before you make a choice it is important to take into consideration few crucial points.
- Before you decide a career path it is important to take a note of your interest. Without your interest you won’t be able to get success in your career path. Get more clarity on your choice and if you are satisfied with it go ahead with it.
- Get complete knowledge about the course your pick. You should get thorough understanding of the course. This means understanding what subjects will be covered, what will you learn, what kind of teaching pedagogy is followed in a particular graduation course.