ICSE Class 8
ICSE CLASS 8: AN OVERVIEW
The Indian Certificate Examination Council, established in 1958, offers the ICSE curriculum (Indian Council of Secondary Education). The ICSE syllabus focuses on applying principles learned, whereas the CBSE syllabus focuses on learning and retaining theoretical material. While most chapters are identical to those taught in CBSE, the ICSE syllabus provides the most depth and immersion in each. The ICSE class 8 program is good to help students prepare for a comprehensive program and mandatory topics in the upper grades.
The system’s primary components are the utilization of data and the development of analytical abilities. Class eighth serves as a year of preparation for students in Classes ninth and tenth who have enrolled themselves in the ICSE program. Students take English as a first language, French or Hindi as a second language, and courses such as Mathematics, History, Civics and Geography, Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology), Natural Sciences, and Computer Studies cover core subjects.
ICSE CLASS 8: SUBJECTS
ICSE CLASS 8: SYLLABUS
The Science syllabus for ICSE Class 8th has been split and segmented by SpeedLabs into Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to serve as a foundation for following classes when it comes to comprehending the particular topics. The syllabus of Mathematics is also covered below.
ICSE CLASS 8 BIOLOGY SYLLABUS
|Topic 1||Transport of Food and Minerals in Plants (Diffusion, Osmosis, Transpiration)|
|Topic 2||Reproduction in Plant and Animals|
|Topic 4||Human Body (Endocrine, Circulatory and Nervous System)|
ICSE CLASS 8 CHEMISTRY SYLLABUS
|Topic 2||Atomic Structure|
|Topic 3||Language of Chemistry|
|Topic 4||Chemical Reactions|
ICSE CLASS 8 PHYSICS SYLLABUS
|Topic 2||Physical Quantities and Measurement|
|Topic 3||Force and Pressure|
|Topic 5||Light Energy|
|Topic 6||Heat Transfer|
ICSE CLASS 8 MATH SYLLABUS
|Topic 1||Number System|
|Topic 2||Ratio and Proportion|
|Topic 6||Data Handling|
ICSE CLASS 8: STUDY MATERIAL
ICSE class 8 demands the practice of questions from the textbook, which necessitates significant preparation and an organised study schedule. When students get stuck on a textbook problem, they can look for the Solutions book. Selina Solutions is an excellent book that aids students in gaining a thorough knowledge of ideas. This book will help students to understand concepts in a detailed manner. These study resources will give you an advantage and increase your self-assurance throughout your final exams.
IMPORTANCE OF SELINA SOLUTIONS
Following are some of the benefits of the ICSE Selina Solutions textbook:
- Step by Step solutions of ICSE Class 8th Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology are present.
- Learning gets straightforward with the presence of graphs and well-illustrated diagrams in this book.
- With the help of this book, a broad conceptual foundation gets developed that is helpful in competitive exams as well.
- This book maintains a proper sequence of all the necessary concepts, thus saving time and hard work.
- These answers form a collection of fragments from several subject-related publications.
- The book has a range of problems ranging in difficulty from easy to challenging. As a result, we may classify Selina as a book with a few complicated problems.
WHAT SpeEdLabs OFFERS?
SpeEdLabs is your one-stop solution for all of your Class 8 needs. We provide EdTech services, including video explanations, critical questions, Exam practice papers, and much more.
Class 8 is the start of a student’s journey from foundational knowledge to conceptual comprehension. It is not at all similar to what students learned in previous classes. All of the topics stated above in ICSE Class 8 are needed for children to study, and ICSE creates the curriculum for them.
At SpeEdLabs we turn your class 8 into a smooth journey by the following things
- IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
- EXAM PREPARATION SHEETS
- SOLVED EXAMPLES
- VIDEO SOLUTIONS
ICSE CLASS 8 IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
The ICSE course structure ensures that students are not under a lot of stress, and books are interactive and engaging so that learners enjoy their studies. In between the chapters, there are several entertaining exercises to help kids learn pleasantly. It improves the efficiency and health of the process of imparting information to students.
- Important questions for Biology
- Important questions for Chemistry
- Important questions for Physics
- Important questions for Math
ICSE CLASS 8 EXAM PREPARATION SHEETS
Exam preparation papers are a must-have for students in Class 8. It will assist students in improving their review techniques and achieving test success. Furthermore, it aids in the creation of a test atmosphere for learners.
ICSE CLASS 8 VIDEOS
These video lectures give a deep understanding of difficult-to-forget topics. Additionally, auditory and visual aids aid us in retaining knowledge quickly. These videos will undoubtedly assist students in learning and comprehending concepts more rapidly.
ICSE CLASS 8 SOLVED EXAMPLES
Solved Examples built the base of any subject. Through these solved examples, Students learn about various methods of how to approach a question. Moreover, Students can rectify their mistakes too with the help of solved examples.
Important tips for Class 8:
- Writing Answers: Even if you know the answers in your head, you must always write them down. While you’re practising, make a list of the steps you’ll need to solve the problem. When it comes to core problems, having good writing habits will come in handy. Such procedures will make your math appear simple to you.
- Manage time effectively: Effective time management will assist students in completing their exam papers on time, eliminating last-minute worry and tension. Students can do this by creating a timetable that allocates adequate time to each topic.
- Sample papers: Sample Papers assist in keeping track of the amount of time spent & the correctness of the questions attempted.