Have you ever thought where you want to be after your academics are done? Ever wondered what are you going to do the best to crack competitive or entrance exams like NEET, IIT JEE and others? Every thought what you want to achieve at the end of the day, week, month and year? For this, you need to set proper goals.
But as it is rightly said a goal with a plan is just a wish. It is just like a random thought in your mind. If you have goals you need to have a plan too in place to achieve that goal. A roadmap with directions keeps your focused and motivated for life. For instance, if you have set a goal for crack NEET with excellent score, you should have a proper and comprehensively created study plan in place and you must follow it religiously.
- Set goals that motivate and inspire you. Without any inspiration you will get distracted easily and soon giving up on it altogether.
- Set SMART practical goals. With SMART, S stands for Specific, M for Measurable, A for Achievable, R for Relevant, and Time-based. So, basically you should set goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-based.
- You should also put your ideas, plans and strategies on paper; it should be in writing. This makes it real, practical and achievable. Paste that plan at your desk or wherever you look more often during your day’s course.
- Map a plan. When the plan is ready you need to break it into steps. Make sure that you create a step-by-step plan as to how to move from one phase to another from start to finish.
- Stick to your goals and plans. Ensure you are continuously up-to-date with its proceedings so you don’t lose track and, most important, you don’t lose focus.