For science, you can develop your preparation strategy based on the three subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Chapter – 1 Light – Reflection and Refraction:
- Image Formation by Spherical Mirrors
- Refraction of Light through Glass Slab
- Image Formation by Spherical Lenses
- Lens Formula, Magnification and Power.
Chapter – 2 Electricity:
- Current and voltage
- Ohm’s Law and Resistance
- Series and parallel combination
- Heating Effect of current
Chapter – 3 Magnetic effect of current:
- Magnetic Field and Force
- Electromagnetic Induction
Chapter – 4 Sources of Energy:
- Nuclear Energy
- Non-Conventional Sources of Energy
- Conventional Sources of Energy
Chapter – 5 Human Eye and Colorful World:
- Human Eye
- Defect of Vision
- Dispersion of light
- Scattering of Light
Chapter – 1 Carbon and its Compounds:
- Covalent bonding in carbon compounds
- Nomenclature and organic compounds
- Chemical Properties of Carbon Compounds
Chapter – 2 Periodic classification of elements:
- Earlier Attempts at the Classification of Element
- Newlands’ Law of Octaves
- Mendeleev’s periodic table
- Modern Periodic Table
- Trends in the Modern Periodic Table.
Chapter – 3 Metals and Non-metals:
- Physical Properties of Metals and Non-metals
- Chemical Properties of Metals
- Occurrence of Metals
Chapter – 4 Acids, Bases and Salts:
- Introduction to Acids and Bases
- Properties of Acids and Bases
- pH and its importance
- Important chemical compounds
Chapter – 5 Chemical Reactions and Equations:
- Types of Reaction
- Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Combination and Displacement Reaction
- Corrosion and Rancidity
- Redox reaction
Chapter – 1 How do organisms reproduce:
- Modes of asexual reproduction
- Structure of flower
- Fertilization in plants
- Male and female reproductive system.
Chapter – 2 Heredity and evolution:
- Mendelian crosses
- Sex determination
- Difference between acquired and inherited traits
- Homologous and analogous organs.
Chapter – 3 Our Environment:
- Ecosystem and its components
- Food chain and food webs
- Depletion of ozone layer.
Chapter – 4 Management of Natural Resources:
- Need for Management of Natural Resources
- Importance And Conservation Of Forest
- Steps To Make Water Available To All.
Chapter – 5 Control and Coordination:
- Coordination in Plants
- Hormones in Animals
- Human Brain
- Nervous System
Chapter – 6 Life Processes:
- Transportation in Plants
- Transportation in Human Beings
- Nutrition in Animals
- Nutrition in Plants
- If numerical and formulae are very important for physics and maths, diagrams are the extremely important for biology.
- When you are writing your answers, ensure that you draw diagrams accurately and neatly and label it correctly.
- Stress on chapter ‘Electricity’. Chapter of Light: Phenomenon of dispersion, refraction and reflection
- Understand the sign conventions and rules for drawing ray diagrams.
- Solve the Mendel’s heredity crosses with stress on the laws of Mendel (3 marks).
- Remember the concepts on ‘Food Chain’, ‘Significance of Food Chain’, and ‘10% Law ’, ‘Evolution of Cabbage ’,‘ Water Harvesting Technique and Different stakeholders’.
- Don’t try to memorize each equation mentioned in NCERT books. Organic and Inorganic Chemistry have rules that define the behavior of various chemicals. For example, most Acids and Bases will react to form Salt and Water. You don’t need to remember every equation that follows this rule, but just remember any exceptions.