Class 11 Chemistry most important chapters for NEET 2023: If you know the Important Chapters of Chemistry Class 11 for NEET, it will be easier to organise your studies accordingly, and will help your chances of getting a good score in NEET. It is recommended that candidates study the important Chapters of Class 11 Chemistry for NEET from NTA NEET 2023 to improve their chances of passing India’s largest undergraduate medical test. Chemistry is one of the most scoring subjects in NEET 2023 and will surely help your chances if you study these important chapters properly.
How to Prepare for Chemistry Class 11 Important Chapters for NEET 2023?
Chemistry is the most scoring subject in NEET. If you are aware of the important chapters as well as the chapter-wise weightage, you will be able to do well. We have provided a list of the chapter-wise weightage as well as important topics in each chapter of Class 11 Chemistry below.
Because it is the only test for admission to undergraduate medical schools, NEET 2023 is considered one of the most competitive exams in the country. It is strongly recommended that candidates study the Class 11 Chemistry important chapters for NEET from the NCERT books, as each question in the medical entrance exam will be based on the concepts found in NCERT, especially for Inorganic chemistry.
It is common for NEET aspirants to not prepare chemistry chapters as they find them very heavy and think it is too much mugging up, hence they do not understand the basic concepts and as a result, people have a harder time scoring well in the NEET exam.
The Class 11 Chemistry most important chapters for NEET 2023 article can help candidates go over the important sections and learn everything they need to know about the entrance test.
Class 11 Chemistry Important Chapters for NEET 2023
A lot of concepts as well as theories are included in the NEET Chemistry questions. Most of the Physical Chemistry questions are mainly formula based, for Inorganic chemistry, the majority of the questions are taken directly from the NCERT, and for the Organic questions, a lot of the questions are based on the reactions given in the NCERT.
Candidates need to spend a lot of time studying the NCERT thoroughly as Chemistry is a very theory-heavy subject, but if they understand the concepts given in the NCERT properly, they can easily score good marks.
To avoid any inconvenience, candidates can go through the Class 11 Chemistry chapter-wise Weightage for NEET first.
Chapter-Wise Weightage for NEET Chemistry
Chapter-Wise Weightage for NEET Chemistry (Physical)
|1||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||5%|
|2||Structure of Atom||3%|
|5||States of Matter||3%|
Chapter-Wise Weightage for NEET Chemistry (Organic)
|12||Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques (General Organic Chemistry)||5%|
Chapter-Wise Weightage for NEET Chemistry (Inorganic)
|3||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||4%|
|4||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||9%|
|10||The s-Block Elements||3%|
|11||The p-Block Elements||7%|
NEET 2023: Chemistry Class 11 Important Topics and Chapters
Given below is the list of important chapters and topics from Class 11 Chemistry for NEET 2023.
- Chapter 1: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
o Mole Concept And Molar Masses
o Stoichiometric Calculations
- Chapter 2: Structure of Atom
- Bohr model for the hydrogen atom
- Quantum mechanical model of the atom
- Chapter 3: Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Periodic Trends in Properties of Elements
- Chapter 4: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Valence Bond theory
- Valence Shell Electron Pair Repulsion Theory
- Chapter 5: States of Matter
- Kinetic Molecular Theory of Gases
- Behaviour of Real Gases: Deviation from Ideal Gas Behaviour
- Liquefaction of Gases
- Chapter 6: Thermodynamics
- Enthalpies for Different Types of Reactions
- Gibbs Energy Change and Equilibrium
- Chapter 7: Equilibrium
- Ionization of acids and bases
- Solubility Equilibria of sparingly soluble salts
- Chapter 8: Redox Reactions
- Redox Reactions in Terms of Electron Transfer Reactions
- Chapter 9: Hydrogen
- Chapter 10: The s-Block Elements
- Properties and trends of Group 1 and 2 Elements
- General Characteristics of Alkaline and Alkaline Earth Metals
- Some Important Compounds of Sodium and Calcium
- Chapter 11: The p-Block Elements
- Properties and trends of Group 13 and 14 Elements
- Anomalous properties
- Allotropes of Carbon
- Chapter 12: Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques (General Organic Chemistry)
- Classification of Organic Compounds
- Nomenclature of Organic Compounds
- Chapter 13: Hydrocarbons
- Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- Chapter 14: Environmental Chemistry
Aspirants are advised to keep the following things in mind when reading the Important Chapters for NEET Chemistry Class 11:
- Make thorough notes of chapters in Inorganic Chemistry, and remember the reactions as most of the questions come directly from the NCERT.
- Practice all the textbook questions for Physical Chemistry from the NCERT and make sure you have a good understanding of the concepts in Equilibrium, Thermodynamics and States of Matter.
- For Organic Chemistry, make sure you have a crystal clear understanding of the reactions as well as the concepts involved in General Organic Chemistry as they will set a base for Class 12 Organic Chemistry.
- Make sure you practice mock tests and previous year’s sample papers as often as possible.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and get enough sleep.
- A proper study plan should be followed.
Also published on Medium.