Before we bring you the syllabus of IGCSE, let us first understand what is IGCSE all about and what are its implications and significance.
What is IGCSE curriculum?
- Created by Cambridge International Examination (CIE) in 1988, IGCSE is a renowned English language curriculum.
- More than 10,000 schools in 160 countries lay their foundation on IGCSE syllabus.
- One of the popular international qualification for students in the age group between 14-16 years.
- The main objective of IGCSE curriculum is to provide a variety of choices to learners with different types of abilities, including students whose first language is not English.
- As per this curriculum students can opt for a minimum of 5 and maximum of 14 subjects.
- Out of the 70 subjects offered by IGCSE, 30 are languages and the schools can select the subjects to offer them in any combination.
What does the IGCSE curriculum focus on?
The IGCSE curriculum focuses on developing the student’s understanding, skill, and knowledge in the following areas:
- Subject content
- The application of knowledge and understanding to new as well as unfamiliar situations
- Intellectual enquiry
- The flexibility and responsiveness to change
- Working and communicating in English
- Influencing outcomes
- Cultural awareness
Why IGCSE Syllabus?
Because it is created keeping in mind the international standards. But it tries to retain the local relevance of each region. It is away from any type of cultural bias.
To download the complete syllabus of IGCSE, click here
SpeedLabs provide complete preparation guidance for students preparing for IGCSE. We have expert academicians to help you prepare rightly for this exam. We have resources and team to assist you in every step of your preparation for IGCSE. For more details, reach out to us at https://www.speedlabs.in/