NTA, which is the exam conducting body for JEE Main has released an advisory for candidates preparing and appearing for the JEE Main test in April 2019.
Below are some of the important instructions for JEE Main April test. Candidates must follow it thoroughly to score well in the final exam.
Things to know and remember before final exam
- Check admit card, inform NTA of any errors – Candidates should check the admit card for reporting time, gate closing time, date of examination, shift timings, and venue of the test. In case of any discrepancy, candidates must immediately report it to NTA.
- Know your exam center beforehand – NTA has also launched “Center Locator” tool to help aspirants find their exam centers. In its advisory, NTA has requested students to visit the exam center at least a day before to avoid any last minute confusion or delay.
- Carry these documents for exam –
- Printout of their admit card, preferably colored and on an A-4 sheet.
- Passport size photograph, same as used in the application.
- A government-authorized photo identity (original) like PAN Card and driving license.
- Candidates under PwD category must bring a certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
- Avoid carrying prohibited items for exam –
- Any instrument, geometry/pencil box.
- Any kind of bag/handbag.
- Any paper, stationery, textual material (printed/written).
- Eatables and water.
- Any electronic device like mobile phone, pager, calculator, or camera.
- Electronic watches also aren’t allowed.
- Instructions for Diabetics and Paper II students – Diabetic students can bring eatables, but packaged foods are strictly prohibited. Paper-II candidates will be allowed to bring geometry box set, pencils, erasers, and color pencils or crayons. However, watercolors are not allowed.
- Take mock test to get familiar with online test – Students are suggested to familiarize themselves with the computer-based test by taking mock tests available at www.nta.ac.in.
All the best!