CBSE CLASS 11 BIOLOGY SAMPLE PAPER – 2
Sample Question Paper
Time allowed 3hrs. Maximum Marks: 70
- There are a total of 26 questions and five sections in the question paper. All questions are compulsory.
- Section A contains question number 1 to 5, Very Short Answer type questions of one mark each.
- Section B contains question number 6 to 10, Short Answer type I questions of two marks each.
- Section C contains question number 11 to 22, Short Answer type II questions of three marks each.
- Section D contains question number 23, Value Based Question of four marks.
- Section E contains question number 24 to 26, Long Answer type questions of five marks each.
- There is no overall choice in the question paper; however, an internal choice is provided in one question of two marks, one question of three marks and all three questions of five marks. An examinee is to attempt any one of the questions out of two given in the question paper with the same question number.
Section-A (1 mark each)
1. What are halophiles ? Why are they so called ?
2. What is stomatal apparatus ?
3. How can the age of a tree be determined ?
4. Why do plants need potassium ?
5. Why is dehydration essential to seed dormancy ?
Section-B (2 marks each)
6. Draw a labelled diagram of a bacteriophage.
Draw a labelled diagram of a funaria plant.
7. Mention two functions of calcium in meristems and zinc in plants.
8. What is diatomaceous earth ? Mention two uses of it.
9. What are cell junctions? Name the different types of them.
10. Multicellular organisms show division of labour. Discuss.
Section-C (3 marks each)
11. Mention two important functions and one deficiency symptom of potassium in plants.
12. Differentiate C3 and C4 pathways of photosynthesis.
13. Differentiate osteichthyes and chondrichthyes.
14. How ATP is synthesized in the electron transport particles of the mitochondria ?
15. What is meiosis ? Bring out its significance.
16. Describe the structure of actin.
17. Describe competitive inhibition of enzyme activity with an example.
18. Draw a labelled diagram of the mouth parts of cockroach.
Draw a labelled diagram of structure of monocot seed.
19. Draw a labelled diagram of human respiratory system.
20. All chordates are not vertebrates but all vertebrates are chordates. Justify. Name the
two super classes of the phylum vertebrata.
21. Describe the quaternary structure of proteins.
22. Differentiate rods and cones.
23. Mahinder Singh Dhoni conducted a survey to find the change in fauna and flora for Ganga water and discovered that there is step decline in the number of Gangetic dolphins found there. What reasons you would suggest for such a result.
Section-D (5 marks each)
24. Draw a plant cell and label ten parts in it.
a diagram of human skull and label ten parts in it.
25. Describe the process of cyclic photophosphorylation.
What is mineral nutrition in plants ? How are essential elements classified on the basis of
their functions in plants ?
26. Draw a standard ECG and explain the different segments in it.
Explain structure of human heart with labelled diagram.